RIVE arrives on the Mac App Store April 6th
I’m sorry for that headline. I know I’m not the first person to do that.
But enough about me and my general lack of creativity, let’s talk about Two Tribe Games’ RIVE, a “… hard and fast shooter/platformer filled to the brim with references to [your] favorite games, with spectacular set-pieces and humor via the game’s main characters.”
The full title—RIVE: Wreck, Hack, Die, Retry!—paints a pretty clear picture of what you can expect. Gamers will “.. choreograph a ‘dance of destruction’ in insanely spectacular battles and set-pieces.” In other words, if you think games these days have too much talking and exploring, RIVE may be the cure for what ails ya. Not only do you get to spend the game blowing up your enemies, you can also hack and control them to blow up more enemies.
- Fight on land, underwater, in zero gravity or on a moving train
- Upgrade your spider tank’s special attacks, armor and loot magnet
- The 6+ hour campaign is voiced by Mark Dodson (of Star Wars and Gremlins fame)
- Prove your mettle in the extra Speedrun and Single-Credit modes
- There are dozens of on-line leaderboards in which to compete
- Keep playing with the daily Challenges and infinite Battle Arenas
If you’d rather not wait until tomorrow (or just don’t like the Mac App Store), RIVE is already available via Steam. Otherwise, you can learn more about the game at www.rivethegame.com while you wait.