Imperium Galactica 2 updated for Mac
Back in February of last year, THQ Nordic purchased the Imperium Galactica franchise, a duo of real-time strategy games developed by Digital Reality in the late ’90s. The new owners have since made good on their promise to keep the IP alive, and have released updated versions of Imperium Galactica and Imperium Galactica 2 on the customary digital download sites.
Only Imperium Galactica 2 gets a Mac version, but that’s fine; the only update Imperium Galactica got is Dosbox emulation for Windows 7, 8, 10. Before we get to the updates the sequel received, let’s learn a bit more about the series, shall we?
Imperium Galactica features an expansive and unique Sci-fi universe with multiple playable species. Take your empire in your hands and guide it into the future. Use intrigue and spying to weaken your enemies and strengthen yourself or research and build the most powerful military force in the universe to crush whoever would oppose you. Massive battles, universe spanning empires, 3 playable campaigns and countless possibilities through custom scenarios insure you always have something to come back to. Take control, conquer the universe, and lead your species to ultimate domination… for the Imperium.
- Empire expansion through colonization or conquest
- Huge space armadas
- Battles in space and on the ground
- Deep economy and population management
- Tons of researchable upgrades
- Customizable ships and tanks
- Challenging scenarios
- Galactic alliances
- 3 unique campaigns
So, how about those upgrades? For the new release of Imperium Galactica 2: Alliances, THQ Nordic has:
- implemented support for modern screen resolutions,
- re-implemented multiplayer,
- redone the interface graphics,
- redone planet surface/terrain graphics,
- updated the rendering engine to support arbitrary screen resolutions and aspect ratios,
- implemented higher resolution user interface textures,
- updated the lighting and shadowing quality on planet surfaces,
- updated planet view mode,
- and added a server browser for multiplayer mode.