Frozenbyte announces Shadwen demo event
And just what does a demo event do for you? Well, it does two things. First, it’ll allow you to play through a “sneak peek demo” of this new stealth-action game from the developers of the Trine series. Second, it’ll give you a price discount when it comes time to buy the final product.
Before we get to that, let’s learn a little about the game:
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl’s budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
For what it’s worth, that is precisely the reason I don’t take my kids to work with me.
In Shadwen, you will:
- Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage; use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- Control time. Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.
Now, with regards to the demo event, players are invited to try out the sneak peek preview that captures the essence of Shadwen and highlights key gameplay features. With each playthrough, you’re helping drive down the eventual launch price of the game. The event runs from today through February 29th, and details can be found at www.shadwen.com.