Wonder Woman gets the spotlight in DC Legends for iOS
First, I have to ask why Wonder Woman is two words, Batman is one, and Spider-Man is hyphenated. How is this decisions made?
Now, to business. With the release of Wonder Woman today (and with all signs pointing to it being a rather successful film), Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced that DC Legends for iOS is taking advantage of the surge in interest to add new content based on the movie.
DC Legends is a free-to-play strategy RPG that features many of DC’s iconic super heroes and villains.
In DC Legends, the battle against Nekron and the Manhunters spans across a wide variety of DC locales, including Metropolis, Themyscira, Thanagar and many more. The cinematic action and vivid environments bring each encounter to life as players unleash Superman’s Heat Vision or Bizarro’s Flame Breath on wave after wave of undead foes. Players can also compete against each other in PvP combat, form custom Alliances to complete missions together and use their entire rooster of heroes in R.E.D. Alerts.
Wonder Woman was already part of that, of course, but this update adds the theatrical character version based on the film’s star: Gal Gadot. In addition, there’ll be a full month of features focusing on the character.
Specifically, the June content update includes:
- Special Events – The 9-Day Super Hero Challenge events and 5-Day Hero Challenge events. In the 9-Day event, players will journey to Wonder Woman’s Island paradise and battle in the epic new Gates of Tartarus environment to earn Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice fragments. In the 5-day challenges, players will fight to find fragments of Wonder Woman: Princess of Themyscira, Doctor Poison, and Hippolyta.
- New Hero Packs – The update introduces a new Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice Hero Pack and Dr. Poison Hero Pack, containing character fragments and legendary essence that allow players to upgrade their character abilities and gear.
- Weekend Loot Celebration – From June 2nd through June 5th, players who log in to DC Legends will receive 50 special bonus fragments of the all-new movie inspired Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice.
- Daily Login Rewards – Players can collect daily rewards in June, and will have enough to level the Wonder Woman: Defender of Justice character up to Rank 5 with the fragments collected during the Weekend Loot celebration.
- Load Screen Takeover – Throughout the month, loading screens will feature Wonder Woman movie characters.
DC Legends is available now for free (with plenty of options for IAPs, of course) in the iTunes App Store.